The Good Conduct Guide
These are the basic standards for all students at all times in St Anne's Academy.
Our Code of Conduct is based on respect, and the fact that all of us have rights and responsibilities -
all students have the right to learn and are responsible for their own actions and all teachers have the right to teach without disruption.
Follow the Golden Rule: treat other people the way you would want to be treated yourself
- talk to others politely, without shouting, swearing or using inappropriate language
- show care and consideration for all others at all times
- be kind and help those in need- you never know when you may need help yourself!
- set a positive example at all times
- respect the Academy building: no chewing, smoking, graffiti or vandalism is allowed on Academy grounds at any time
To and From the Academy
- remember that you are an Ambassador for the Academy at all times
- be a good neighbour and care for our community, the local areas and everything in them
- arrive on site at or before 8.25am and be on time for morning registration at 8.30am
- wear your full uniform with pride at all times and follow the uniform code, no trainers, jewellery etc
- make sure you bring the correct equipment and books you need to learn with you every day to every class - use your school bag and the locker provided to help you be equipped for learning
- if you use a School Bus or public transport enter and exit in an orderly fashion and show others how to behave properly.
In Class and around the Academy
- follow staff instructions the first time
- do not argue or answer back, but remember to say please and thank you
- listen and learn
- do not disrupt teaching and learning by shouting out or distracting others
- work with a positive attitude at all times
- always try your best, even if you make a mistake or get something wrong never give up
- do not use electrical equipment such as mobile phones, iPods etc
- remember to meet our uniform expectations; have your blazer with you at all times, make sure you always wear your tie or neckerchief, and only wear black school shoes
- only visit your locker before and after school, and at Break or Lunch times, do not use lockers during lessons!
- if out of class or on a job always carry a pass or note!
In Family Group Form Time and Assembly
- arrive to Form and Assembly on time
- ensure your homework diary/planner is used efficiently and is signed and dated every week
- fill in your diary/planner regularly and complete the Attendance and other sections every week
- enter and leave Assembly in silence
- take part in Assembly and Family Group tutor time while respecting the right of others to worship freely
Out and About
- walk on corridors in a quiet and orderly manner, keeping to the left
- line up quietly and orderly, wait outside classrooms until you are greeted and invited to enter
- knock on doors and wait for a response; also, be nice and hold doors open for others
- leave rooms and areas/spaces neat and tidy, clean up after yourself and help others do the same
- leave toilets as you hope to find them, clean and tidy
- outside, keep to paths and designated areas and put rubbish/litter in bins
- listen out for bells and come in on time
- above all, respect the Academy and its buildings
- have pride in your school and help look after it.
Break and Lunchtime
- stay on site
- behave in a positive manner, with no silliness or messing around
- queue up quietly for food, be polite, and clear rubbish when finished
- don't take food out of designated areas
- remember, it is your responsibility to return to class on time